Wednesday, October 24, 2007

#12 Roll your own search engine with Rollyo

I found the Rollyo site to be easy to work with. Registering with the site and creating a searchroll was simple enough, although I found it very difficult to figure out how to link to the searchroll I'd created. I'm not sure if I'm missing something but this aspect of Rollyo doesn't seem very user friendly.

I can see could be a useful tool for those wanting to simultaneously search multiple sites which they might favour getting information from, similar in a sense to the way RSS feeds centralise information. It could also minimise all the irrelevant results from keyword searches in google and other search engines, which often lead to dead ends.

Being able to share searchrolls is a good idea, as you can browse and find some good sources by chance.

http://rollyo.com/blogsphere/alternative_politics/

No comments:

Dino Sign

Dino Sign

Clippy

Clippy