Thursday, October 18, 2007

#11 All about LibraryThing

I don't seem to get much time to read these days, unless it's study material, so I had to think for a while about what I might have read recently, or, just in the last few years or so...! Anyway, after reading some of the hype about Library Thing, I headed over at set up an account, which was straightforward enough. Adding books is easy, although I found it a little trickier when Amazon didn't turn up what I was searching for.

Also it took me a while to find the 'delete' option, (which I found on the 'add books' function- there is a cross next to each book which gives the option to delete) after I'd inadvertently added a double of something. I'd prefer that to be a little more obvious, but maybe then again I'm just blind as it looks obvious enough now.

I was interested to see what the 'unsuggester' turned up when I searched on Chomsky. Here I was expecting Thomas Friedman or Henry Kissinger and all I got was Chomsky again...! Apparently you either love him or hate him, or... possibly both.

Anyway, I'm sure this site would be great for those wanting reading suggestions, or just chatting with other fans of their favourite author. That could be really interesting, or really scary depending on who you read I guess, and what type of fans are out there.
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/blogsphere

No comments:

Dino Sign

Dino Sign

Clippy

Clippy